Friday, March 13, 2009

For the wise...

It has finally happened! After months from the time I began my mission papers, I recieved my call in the mail this last wednesday! My little sister called me with the news and I headed up right after a brilliant wind ensemble rehearsal.
After making it to the pleasent view frontrunner station, mom picked me up and headed to the park n' ride to pick up jess, who I very much wanted to be there for the epic opening.
And epic it was! Once all of my family, (minus Ayleen sadly) It took me about five minutes to open it because I was so nervous! But I got the courage and read these epic words:

"You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Arizona Phoenix Mission. It is anticipated that you wil serve for a period of 18 months."

A huge swell of relief and joy entered my heart, finally knowing where I will be for the next year and a half. Good news for all you people who are going to write me letters *wink wink* I'll only be a state away. Snow and cold will definitely not be an issue as I will be entering the mission field in June, therefore enjoying the sizzling hottness of 120 degree weather. Wahoo!

So, with that bit of exciting news....wish me luck on my wisdom teeth surgery this day. I'm supra nervous about the sedation portion of it. I've never had any sort of surgery my entire life unless you count the 3 stitches I recieved in my finger when I was 8, which I don't. It is simply a weird thought that a bunch of people will be sticking their hands in my mouth and cutting it open while I'm "sleeping." I know...I think way too much about things.

Anyway, reporting from frontrunner Farmington station, over and out!

1 comment:

  1. Melanie,
    We are so thrilled that you are going on your mission! Someone in Arizona is waiting just for you to find them and teach them the gospel. Our prayers will be with you!
    Connie & Carl

    ReplyDelete