Monday, March 16, 2009

For shakespeare...

This one's for you.....

A Sonnet Attempt, Wisdom Teeth and Spring Break
By Melanie Perhson
March 16, 2009

No rhyme can I describe when I do try
To keep the rules a sonnet passes through
No beat flows by upon the words I cry
There is no justice to this system brews.

I am the victim of the structured way
Just like so many who are lost in rhyme
A sun that no more brings much wanted rays
Perhaps it will go smoother at another time

Yet, here I write my woes of rhymes long past
What can I do about this creativity?
Or lack thereof as the case may be to rest,
It is a truth these rhymes are forced from me.

What else could I have done on my spring break?
Recovering from the pain my toothful wisdom take.



That is all...reporting from the same couch i've been on for the past three days...gross, I know.
*~Mel~*

No comments:

Post a Comment