Saturday, March 28, 2009

For the chocolate lover..



So, first off, I would like to apologize to anyone I might've been a jerk to yesterday. I don't know what was wrong with me, but my temper just kept getting the better of me and after I got angry of myself about it, that opened the door to a whole bunch of negitive thoughts and many of you know how it goes down. One gets in and you spend the rest of the day fighting off negative thoughts and beating whoever is putting them in there out, which just made me more irratible. It was quite frustrating but I have wonderful friends who are forgiving and understanding. I appreciate them.
Second off, Cannoli is amazing. I made some homemade cannoli on thursday with my good friend Nick and it was my first experience with it. Wow as fun as the cooking was, which it very much was fun, it was a delectible sugary dessert of chocolaty goodness! And we all know how much I love chocolate.
Yesterday did get better after I went out to eat at noodles n' company. I'm glad I could discover that cheesy goodness as well! And chocolate cake again did it's trick and mended my unhappiness with myself. We spent about fourty five minutes in the Downtown library, which i find an amazing building and then headed back up to the university for the concert, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It went really well overall, even though I have had my fair dose of Pathfinders of Panama, Dusk and Resplendent Glory. The audience loved it and that is always such a high for me! "come thou fount of every blessing" is a beautiful piece and ironically what I really needed to hear last night. I teared up several times at the message and I'm grateful for a reminder of why I was feeling the way I was. "Prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart oh take and seal it..." It's powerful and true. and when the organ comes in...wow! Little Amy did an amazing job cranking out that awesomly powerful organ part. We got a standing ovation of a packed house. I remembered why I am a music major.
Speaking of which, I finally feel like I've gotten off this plateau I've been on for the past year and half or so. I don't know what happened but all the sudden I find myself progressing rapidly and it's really encouraging! Kathy likes it as well, though she is not happy about my decision to go on a mission in June, but, I'm glad it's not ultimately up to her. I'm so excited to get out there and work! Every mission prep class just gets me more and more excited to share something so amazing. I've seen the changing power of this message and I can't wait to share it with those who are ready to hear it.
Today is looking up to be pretty beautiful as well. I slept in until 10 and didn't actually get out of bed till 10:30. I made my favorite breakfast, actually did my hair and am now about ready to get dressed and head up to the university to practice for a few hours. Then some friendage time will be awesome!
I should probably leave now for the bus. A UTA, what would I do without thee?

Signing off! See you next time....or maybe before.

No comments:

Post a Comment