Tuesday, March 24, 2009

For the birthday girl(s)....

It is indeed great to be back in school after a much too long week break! I'm tired again. Wonderfully, amazingly, feel good tired, like I'm actually getting something done! I've been working up my practicing back to where it should be but it will take several more days I think. And I've never felt so on top of homework but that might correspond with the fact that I've never had only 15 credits before. It feels great.
There was a huge mishap at the Univeristy today and it was really scary not knowing what was going on for a while. Nick called his mom and I called mine and we found out something about a broken gas line, explosive conditions apply. They ended up evacuating. It's a weird thing to think about but I found it fascinating how many people pulled together to make something like this run smoothly and with as little concern as possible. It was encouraging to see how quick and well people can respond to a disaster when it's really needed.
After that, my friend Nick and I went to Acme Burger Co. which I highly recommend! It's on the more expensive side but heavens it's not exactly your same old common burger joint! The modern feel and delcious lamb burger were definitly worth the money if you can find the time and money.
FYE called our names and we had a grand time browsing the well stocked "used" section and got a few classics. "Dan in real life" was probably my favorite and as we watched it, I felt quite content with how my birthday was playing out. I decided it would be wise to come back home after that, where i was unexpectadly sung to by my silly (in a good way) grandparents and uncle, followed soon with cake with whipped cream and strawberries. It was delicious and so sweet of them!
As of eleven minutes ago (10:34, to be exact) I entered my 21st year of life, offically making me legal. Wahoo...I think this might be a little more exciting if drinking interested me in the least. *shrug* It was a wonderful birthday, relaxing, chill and completely what I wanted to do! I'm blessed with amazing friends and got an overwhelming amount of birthday wishes, even from those I haven't spoken to in quite a while! Yay for facebook reminding them of my brithday. :)
My haircut is something I'm really starting to enjoy! It is flippy and fun and much more managable, which I am always okay with naturally. I do sometimes miss my long hair though.
Another update and countdown: MTC here I come! two months and seventeen days! I can't wait to get out there and working hard! I know it's what I should be doing and I'm very grateful for that. Just for a future FYI I am speaking on May 31st in the Plain City 3rd ward and would like to see as many people out there as would like to come.
I should really head to bed now...my eyes are threatening to slam shut without my permission!

Signing off from my grammy's kitchen and dial up internet...
Goodnight!

PS Happy Birthday Sister!(who turned 21 only four minutes after I)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a good Birthday Melanie :o) I Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. silly how I read this almost a whole year too late hehe.

    ReplyDelete