Friday, January 16, 2009

for the unhelpful...

I am home on a friday night, in my pjs, wishing I could find my check book and I'm having a feeling this will be happening a lot more from tonight on. Not the wishing I could find my check book part. You know what I mean.
I made it through my first week of school and I think I'm going to be enjoying this semester's classes immensely. Music History I already find amazing as we have been exploring the wonderful music of Palestrina and I have to say, we don't give him enough credit. He composed some stunningly beautiful pieces. My creative writing teacher, while a little ecentric will definitely do some good things for me, I think. If anything, I'll definitely be out of my comfort zone. Good thing, right? Wind Ensemble is everything I had hoped! Also out of my comfort bubble, becuase I am very exposed, even as a third clarinet. Scott Hagan has a lot of good instruction to offer and I'm excited to be part of such a talented group/section.
The U of U marching Utes are leaving for DC tomorrow at night at midnight. Or would that be considered sunday morning? *shrug* that seems surreal, almost like it's just a dream. We've been campaigning for this oppirtunity for the past week and had an astounding response from the community with support that I didn't even know existed for the band! Heck, we even got free backpacks!
I'm hoping for a call from the flower patch to get a temporary job. I had a job interview with them today and thought it went very well. It would be nice to have some sort of income. Cross your fingers for me!
Frustration is annoying! Knowing that ultimately, I can't do anything to change someones mind about what they think...it seems I'm making little difference where I am, and I really am frustarted with that. I see so many people around me who are hurting and I want to help, but feel unhelpful! Hurting more than helping it seems.
I really dislike that I have nothing more interesting to say and a more interesting way to say what's already been said...
I hope everyone is doing alright, and making it with whatever situation life may be handing them. Thank you for your examples and friendship:-) I mean it when I say I love you.

Until next time, wish the band luck in DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment