Sunday, January 11, 2009

for the old friends and the new...

School starts tomorrow! I'm excited to not have my brain be turning to mush anymore. I'm excited for the oppirtunities this semester has in store! We, the U of U marching band, are (hopefully) headed off to DC in a week ready for some fun at the presidental inaugaration parade! Also, I am part of a wonderful music group, Wind Ensemble and several exciting things are happening in that department, but personally, I'm just happy to be IN it period.

I have not been this happy in a long time. Randomly, my dear cousin Ember drove down yesterday to take me up to Logan. I didn't know what I was getting myself into! We headed out to see my sister Clarissa and played a goofy but oddly very fun game called settler's. Next was the part I was most worried about, but it turned out to be great. We went to a former boyfriend's apartment. He has just started at USU as a chemistry major. I know most can relate to the awkward "seeing the ex" thing, and for those of you who can't, that's okay. Imagine my surprise when we turned out to get along great, just like old friends.
Seeing Karyn for the first time since, well, forever, was a quite joyous experience. You can ask anyone within a mile radius because I am pretty sure we burst some eardrums. There were almost tears, but once the game of Quelf started rolling(if you have never played this game, basically, you must), laughter was constant! New friendships were formed, and old bonds were made stronger, and the medicine of laughter worked it's magic, for more then just me.
A bit of guilt comes with the next statment. I sometimes wished I had choosen USU over Univeristy of Utah. I know, I know! Blasphamy right? If anyone has ever heard me talk about my snow college years, they know how dear to my heart they are, and USU has the atmosphere of snow. Now, I just want to say, I do not regret my deicison to go to the U, becuase, I know I was meant to be there...am meant to be there. I learned so much about the world and have formed life long friendships that I would never trade. But for the record, I am considering a transfer when I return from my planned mission. Just a thought....

Anyway, my five fourty five alarm will come too soon as it is, so I should turn in. I hope everyone's life is going well.

I am honest when I say I am here for you all!

Reporting from Plain City, sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment