Friday, January 9, 2009

for the college student

As you already know--you being the one follower I currently have--job hunting was less than succesful today. If I spoke spanish, I'd be a shoe in! Too bad.... I might just have to break down and apply at Harmons, the grocer in YOUR neighborhood. Yikes!

I have been doing the college thing for two and a half, almost three years and I love its ups and downs, but I suppose the expense had to catch up to me sometime. Thank goodness for loving parents and scholarship money! Even so, I need a job because my bank account is running on fumes. If any of you...being just one currently...have any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

I have a good life. Actually, a really good life, though it is not without a bit of heartache and struggles. But then again, in the words of the ever so famous Forrest Gump, "It Happens." I have been blessed with an amazing family who loves me, friends who care about me and a perspective that is eternal. I am shy at first and maybe a little bit after, too, but I hope no one confuses that for coldness, which sometimes does happen. I love being around people and learning from their lives.

My marching band, the Marching Utes, have a stupendous oppirtunity to go to THE presidential inauguration in about fifteen days to support our soon to be Commander and Chief Obama. Please go to http://www.utah.edu and donate!

It will take me a few tries to get the hang of this blogging thing, but it'll catch on.

Reporting from UTA Front runner ... Have a lovely night.

5 comments:

  1. shoo-in. Unless you were applying at Payless?
    I could totally use a job too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BTW welcome to the blogosphere
    I blog at theJarrett dot blogspot etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See? Two followers in one day!

    Legen

    wait for it...




    dary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm...payless now there's somewhere i haven't tried...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie,
    You have another follower....me! It is a good way to keep up with what my nieces and nephews are doing! What a neat thing that you are going to play at the inauguration! I'll be watching for you...(p.s. no bananas this time!)
    Love you...Connie & the Fam

    ReplyDelete