Monday, January 20, 2014

For the brain and heart...

Can you please get along?

Nearly two and wide awake, and thoughts of my ironically intricate life are swimming aimlessly through my thinking.  These intricacies have everything to do with the heart, which makes it even more difficult that my brain spends so much time meddling with them, especially at such an hour as this.   After some contemplation, I have come to a conclusion.  Something needs to be done about this silly brain of mine.  And my heart...and probably the rest of me.  I feel less then prepared to meet life square in the face and say "I am worth what my heart wants most",  I still see the truth of a life riddled with imperfections, mediocrity, uncertainty....

and yet still FULL of LOVE.  Trusted love.  Honest love.

This intricate riddle is filled with people from across the globe, literally.  And I have been homesick for each one of these wonderful people, all at the same time.  I wouldn't say I'm homesick for the places, just the people those places remind me of. I feel overwhelmed with gratitude that my decisions, even if they always seem at least a little less then confident, have led me to know such wonderful people from so many walks of life. 

Might they have been walked differently, who knows, but "might" seems so currently unnecessary  considering that my life, looking back, seems anything but unintentional.   I am certain people are placed in our lives purposefully, by a Being who loves us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment