Friday, October 11, 2013

For words like lillies...

Oh how I miss words! 

Publishing an old post five months late, I have come to realize how fantastic it is to share meaningful, true, albeit simple words.  It is the truth about these words that makes them powerful I think.  Just one of oh-so-many learnings from the countless hours of band wagon deep discussions. 

That's right, ladies and gents, I literally "hopped on the band wagon" every day for my entire summer.  (betcha didn't see that joke coming ;-P)  And we did come to love that mode of transportation, whipping through old nauvoo at a head whirling pace of 2 MPH, gracing the streets with our music as a 16 piece band.  How many times in your life have you ridden a band wagon?!  Now I can say I have at least 100 times.  I didn't just ride either, I was PART of the band on the band wagon.  Check that off the bucket list.  (confession: sometimes when I do unexpected wonderful things, I add them to my bucket list just so I can check them off.  It feels that I'm accomplishing something with my life)

Long summer short, it was an incredible, dross burning, out of my comfort zone, wonderful, at times horrible, very difficult 3 and a half months.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Come chat, we'll talk Nauvoo sometime if you are interested and I will tell you all about the stories, the senior missionaries, the root beer at the red brick store, the lillypads on the river, the testimonies that exponentially grew, the living across the street from the Nauvoo temple, the eye opening discussions and quiet, desprate moments of prayer.  You get the idea.  And just in case you were wondering, consider the lillies, God always makes good on His promises.  I am not destitute and starving and I have a direction in life.

Currently, some new adventures include getting a full time job at a daycare/preschool, playing the bass clarinet in the murray symphony and three of my very dear best friends getting married within the next six months.  Bring it on!

Love you all, my faithful few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment