Sunday, September 25, 2011

for the world's impossibles...

I have a few goals (several, in fact) that are not anything grand in the eyes of the world, and yet ironically are completely unattainable by the world's standards. And also quite possibly will make all the difference in the world to me and for me.
In no particular order...

1- Learn to drive a manuel transmission
2- Go hang-gliding
3- Change someone's life for the better anonymously
4- Backpack through Europe
5- Sleep in a snow cave that I made myself
6- Visit all 50 States (13 down, 37 more to go!)
7- Get something published
8- Fly an airplane
9- Win Jess at Egyptian Rats
10- Wear out my temple shoes
11- Build a treehouse
12- Take a porch swing to a drive-in movie theater
13- Learn something new, interesting and exciting every day of my life
14- Speak at least 2 other languages (preferably Italiano be one of them)
15- Have a family and teach them all I know, and even some things that I don't. Especially how to love and how to live the gospel of Jesus Christ.
16- Witness the Northern Lights

These are just to name a few, of course, for it is subject to change. Right now, every one of them seems attainable and I have my Heavenly Father to thank for that. Through my loving family, dear friends and the Prophets, Apostles and the Holy Ghost's guidance and council this weekend, things have been made clear to me.

God will not do something for us that we can do for ourselves. Well, that has been made quite clear recently and I'm not sure what to do with this newly discovered trust completely. But I think I got a step closer to understanding it today! What I thought to be impossible has in fact proved possible, and though I'm still trying to adjust and trust and believe, I'm certain that I would've not been able to realize this impossiblity had it not been for the oppirtunity to make my own decision and act.

Luke 1:37 - "For with God nothing shall be impossible"

I've learned that to be true. I hope that each of you can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment